Accounts Assistant - Scunthorpe
This role is for a £40-£45m turnover and very well establish manufacturer based in Scunthorpe. They have an excellent reputation and track record and continue to trade well. If stability is important to you then this company ticks that box.
The role is varied an interesting. It works closely with the Accounts Manager as well as with the Credit Controllers and Purchase Ledger Clerks to bring together the transactional financial accounts. If a role with variety is of interest to you then this opportunity ticks that box.
As well as a good base salary for the level of role, £24k-£26k, the company does have a bonus scheme based on profit and would remain open minded to study support options should that be of interest to the successful candidate. So if salary and package are one of your most important things then this vacancy can meet that need.
We are looking for a candidate that has experienced a varied role and who has a rounded experience, ideally within industry rather than practice accounts. Below is a list of daily, weekly and monthly duties that would be your initial brief. However, we are looking for a candidate who could be trained in further tasks in the future and take some higher-level accounts work from the Accounts Manager.
Initially we are looking for experience in a good amount of the below duties.
1. Reconciliation of bank accounts including invoice factored accounts
2. Stock adjustments and email out to relevant staff members
3. Check transactions on the bank account, check for any expired payments (re-date if necessary), print statements
4. Collate daily figures for the bank and submit to the collateral controller
5. Maintain card payments spreadsheet on Excel, pay over payments where necessary
6. Petty Cash - Keep control of and maintain records, reconciling for month end
1. Import and check weekly payment runs and employee savings onto the bank
2.Check and email credit union deduction sheets
3. Payment runs import and raise on bank
4. Input wages data into Excel spreadsheet and email deficit reports to staff
5. Shop sales - sort cash for collection from external collector, put sales on accounting software, maintain Excel spreadsheet
6. Process Direct Debit invoices
7. Sales orders outstanding reports for agents and for Sales Director
8. Prepare any cheque & cash collections for external collection
1. Calculate monthly commission and royalty payments, plus analysis to help Sales Director on performance
2. Intrastat arrivals reporting
3. Control account reconciliations - mainly but not limited to bank and payroll related accounts
4. Process journals - relating to control accounts
5. Maintain social club accounts
6. Maintain simple accounts for subsidiary company and provide information to bank
7. Reconciliation of supplier statements - request copy invoices if required and find resolutions to any issues
8. Payments to HMRC - PAYE, VAT
9. Maintain other spreadsheets and inform relevant staff members of any issues/queries
10. ONS statistics forms as required
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within seven days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Sharp Consultancy is a finance and accountancy recruitment specialist assisting accounting and finance divisions of businesses in the Yorkshire and Derbyshire area. With over 25 years' experience we pride ourselves on sourcing excellent finance professionals across all divisions of an accounts function, from finance administrators through to senior Finance Director appointments. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy jobs or accountancy recruitment; finance jobs or finance recruitment.
- Sector: Transactional Finance, Finance
- Contact: Clerical Perm
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 15 May 2021
- Job Ref: Aw36511_1618495088
Accounts Assistant - Scunthorpe