For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is “Sharp Consultancy”.
The information Sharp Consultancy collects and how it’s used
Information Sharp Consultancy holds about you may include your personal details, any material you have provided to Sharp Consultancy such as your CV, references and examination certificates, and sensitive data relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin, or convictions.
We use information held about you:
- To provide the services detailed on our site; the information you provide will be used to determine your suitability for employment by employers registered with Sharp Consultancy. It may also be used to obtain legal advice or for conducting legal proceedings, complying with legal obligation, the prevention and detection of crime or fraud, and compliance with our legal requirements and for the proper conduct of our business.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To provide you with information, vacancies or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
The information you supply including, where relevant, your sensitive personal data, may be disclosed to Sharp Consultancy staff, and with your prior consent, agents and employers seeking candidates for employment. It’ll be disclosed to people to whom we may transfer rights and obligations in connection with our business, and to any organisations that provide a service to Sharp Consultancy, and who have agreed to keep your information confidential.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Certain features on the Website are only available if you enable the cookie. Sharp Consultancy also uses a cookie to assist it to provide information which is relevant to your interest.
You are free to decline Sharp Consultancy cookies although that may impair certain features on the Website
Protecting your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However, Sharp Consultancy has put in place various security procedures and strict policy rules to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorised and unlawful access and use. These security procedures and policies, which are of the highest standards, are continuously improved.
Notwithstanding the above, it should be appreciated that no system is entirely fool-proof and you should be careful when you reveal any confidential information to any third party.
Sharp Consultancy shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure the security of the data, but shall have no liability for any loss or damage, including for access to data, caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect the Client’s computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material through use of the Services.
Disclosure of your information
If Sharp Consultancy and/or part of its business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to Sharp Consultancy’s advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of Sharp Consultancy.
Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to Sharp Consultancy changes, for example your e-mail address has changed, please contact Sharp Consultancy by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org